We’re excited to announce dates for our upcoming 2019 ‘Chocolate Summer School for Kids’!
Note: Places are going fast! All 18 places for our first week (June 3-5) are booked. Only NINE places are available during the second week (June 10-12): five places on June 10 and four places on June 12. (June 11 is fully booked.)
Please click here to see what’s still available.
The June 3, 4 & 5, 10, 11 & 12 dates of ‘Chocolate School for Kids’ are booked in the kitchen of Airline Baptist Church in Bossier City, Louisiana. Cost is $35 per student.
During the four-hour experience, your child will learn:
* The history of chocolate: from the Mayans to the Europeans to the Americans.
* The geography of chocolate: The special ‘ring around the world’ in which the cacao tree can survive and the countries that produce the cacao plant.
* The science of chocolate including the magical wonders of tempering chocolate.
* The math of chocolate which includes measuring and weighing using the British ‘Imperial’ system
* The vocabulary of chocolate: words that professional chocolatiers use.
* And the art of chocolate: your child will color a printed sketching of a chocolate pod, from which we get chocolate beans. This exercise teaches the shape, texture and colors of the chocolate pod.
Plus, your child will go into the ‘Chocolate Kitchen’ and make:
* 2 chocolate bars with toppings
* 6 chocolate disks
* Dip & decorate cookies & marshmallows
* And take home their handmade chocolates to enjoy and share with you!
* Dates: June 3, 4, 5, 10, 11 & 12 from: 9:00-1:00
* Location: Airline Baptist Church, Bossier City, LA
* Price: $35 per student for the four-hour workshop.