Registration for our ‘Summer Chocolate School for Kids’ is open!
To see the dates and places still available, please click here.
During ‘Chocolate School for Kids’, your child will learn:
* The history of chocolate: from the Mayans to the Europeans to the Americans.
* The geography of chocolate: The special ‘ring around the world’ in which the cacao tree can survive and the countries that produce the cacao plant.
* The science of chocolate including the magical wonders of tempering chocolate.
* The math of chocolate which includes measuring and weighing using the British ‘Imperial’ system
* The vocabulary of chocolate: words that professional chocolatiers use.
* And the art of chocolate: your child will color a printed sketching of a chocolate pod, from which we get chocolate beans. This exercise teaches the shape, texture and colors of the chocolate pod.
Plus, your child will go into the ‘Chocolate Kitchen’ and make:
* 2 chocolate bars with toppings
* 6 chocolate disks
* Dip & decorate cookies, pretzels & marshmallows
* And take home their handmade chocolates to enjoy and share with you!
* Dates remaining: June 24, 25 & 26 from: 9:00-1:00
* Location: Airline Baptist Church, Bossier City, LA
* Price: $35 per student for the four-hour workshop.