Chocolate School for Kids is Going on Chocolate Safari!
After a very long year of shuttered activities due to you-know-what, I’m thrilled to announce that Chocolate School for Kids is back in session this summer!
This year, we’re going on a ‘Chocolate Safari’ … to the continent of Africa!
Here’s what we’ll be doing:
* When your child arrives, he or she will receive a fun Safari-inspired name badge as well as a souvenir Safari hat that’s theirs to keep!
* Then, we’ll take a virtual chocolate safari through countries that grow cacao in Africa. We will incorporate several learning tools including videos, worksheets and an art project.
* We’ll learn fun facts about these countries, their cacao farmers, and the animals that live in the habitats where cacao grows.
In our hands-on workshop session, we’ll work with milk chocolate and:
* Make chocolate bark with safari-themed toppings
* Make chocolate chimpanzee pops
* Dip a safari-themed cookie in chocolate and decorate it.
At the close of our Chocolate Safari, each child will:
* Package the chocolate they’ve made.
* Place it in a colorful Safari-themed bag.
* And gather for a group photograph!
Chocolate School for Kids is open to children 6-13
The cost is $40 per child and includes:
* A Safari-themed hat, name badge and treat bag.
* And all the chocolate and toppings your child will need to make Safari Bark, Chimpanzee Pops, and dip and decorate their Safari Cookie.
Airline Baptist Church
4007 Airline Dr.
Bossier City, LA 71111
Westhaven Residents’ Club
401 Cheltenham Ave
Franklin, TN 37064
Organizer & Chief Chocolatier:
Jeff Slaughter: [email protected]
To register your child for the Summer Sessions of Chocolate School for Kids 2021 click here!