If a box of chocolate is your favorite Valentine’s gift, you have a man named…
You might think ‘chocolate is chocolate is chocolate,’ but all you have to do is participate in a quick taste test and your tongue will tell you that not all chocolate is equal! Here are three reasons why Belgian chocolate should be on your Christmas list!
1. Belgian chocolate is 100% chocolate.
Maintaining the quality and authenticity of chocolate is so important to the Belgians that to be certified as authentic Belgian chocolate by the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Belgian chocolate must be made with 100% cacao butter.
That means no fillers such as vegetable fats can be used in the process. In fact, the Ministry of Economic Affairs rushed to create a mark of quality assurance called ‘AMBAO’ (Swahili for cacao) when the European Union declared that chocolate manufacturers could use up to 5% vegetable fat and still call their products chocolate.
So … when you buy ChezSlaughter Chocolate you’re getting 100% cocoa which means its 100% Belgian.
2. Belgian chocolate factories have some of the highest chocolate-making standards in the world.
* Choosing premium beans.
* Processing the beans in excess of industry standards.
* Using high quality sugar.
* Exceeding the minimum required percentage of cacao solids from 35% to sometimes as much as 43%.
* And by combining years of experience and training with a passion for excellence in chocolate production.
#3. ChezSlaughter’s Belgian Chocolate is handmade which means its fresh.
Our chocolate has not been sitting on shelf collecting dust. Normally, we make it and ship it within days. Which means you’re getting some of the freshest chocolate possible.
Is it any wonder that Belgian chocolate is one of the most well-known and well-loved chocolates in the world?
ChezSlaughter Chocolate of Shreveport-Bossier City, LA is a roving artisan chocolate company. We make chocolate confections from premium Belgian chocolate and handcraft artisan caramels and cookies such as Biscotti. We also offer chocolate workshops and chocolate-themed parties.